POSITION TITLE: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The Governance Development Network is a First Nation organization that plans and coordinates annual networking activities focused on supporting governance development for First Nation communities. The office location is in Fort William First Nation and the Administrative Assistant will work from that location.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing assistance as required and as directed for the Executive Director including but not limited to arranging schedules and meetings, organizing files and records, recording and processing meeting minutes, communicating with GDN members, FN communities and organizations, GDN Board and others in a timely and efficient manner and for carrying out other duties and assignments as required.
- Post-Secondary diploma in Business Administration or other related field required or a minimum Grade 12 with two (2) years’ work experience in a similar or related position with a proven demonstration of skills.
- Must have the ability to work in and contribute to a team environment.
- Must have a proficient level of communication skills, verbal and written, and be comfortable dealing with the public.
- Must possess a proficient level of organizational and time-management skills.
- Must have a proficient level of computer skills in areas suitable to the requirements of the position, but specifically Microsoft Office and Outlook including calendar set up and sharing.
- A background in accounting is an asset.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including evening and weekend hours if required based on the needs of the tasks and activities assigned by the Executive Director.
- Must have the capacity to take initiative and to multi-task at times to accomplish the tasks and activities assigned.
- A knowledge and understanding of the First Nation environment and culture is an asset.
- Must possess a current and valid Driver’s License and dependable vehicle.
- May be required to submit a CPIC (Criminal records check) on request if working with children, youth or the elderly.
PLEASE SUBMIT A RESUME, COVER LETTER, AND THREE (3) JOB RELATED REFERENCES BY EMAIL TO email@example.com ATTN: GDN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR BY Tuesday, December 31, 2019 AT 4:00 P.M. ONLY APPLICANTS MEETING THE FULL MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS WILL BE INTERVIEWED.
AS A FIRST NATION ORGANIZATION, THE ABORIGINAL PREFERENCE SECTION OF THE HUMAN RIGHTS LEGISLATION WILL APPLY.